Fitted custom cabinetry with Oak linings, doors and top to compliment a traditional Victorian Terrace interior. Hand finished in wax-oil and an off-white paint.
Finding a well made, free-standing piece that not only fits and looks good in an alcove can be a tricky, if not an impossible task! Especially when you want to make the most of that awkward storage space either side of a chimney breast.
The best and often only solution is to commission a Furniture & Cabinet Maker to produce a custom cabinetry piece for you. With so many possible style, material and layout combinations to choose from it is easy to create that personal, unique and lasting piece of furniture that just can’t be found on the High Street… or… in someone else’s home!
Typical prices are £1,950 for a single cabinet with book casing (£2,250 as pictured) and £3,250 for a pair.*
(*Local prices. Prices further afield may vary.)
To see more Alcove projects pop over to the website
• Cabinet linings in durable, white textured melamine.
• Vertical fluting with matching crown and skirting mouldings.
• Face framing, doors, top and back panels in Dulux ‘Timeless’.
• Custom door design with ‘faux’ break to give balance to the design (see detail picture).
• Soft-close/Self-close door hinges and drawer runners.
• Full height mirrors.
• Chrome ‘Bee-hive’ door knobs.
• Space to accommodate TV media equipment.
• Half drop clothes hanging.
Complete and awaiting a trim and stretch by a professional carpet fitter. This is key to avoid any creep, creases or rolls in the future.
• Cabinet linings in European Oak (acrylic matt).
• Face framing, doors, top and back panels in Joa’s White (Farrow & Ball paints).
• Custom door design in harmony with existing internal Oak doors (see picture).
• Soft-close/Self-close door hinges.
• Pilkington toughened glazing and polished edge adjustable shelves.
• Switched LED down lights.
• Brushed s/steel door buttons.
• Flatscreen TV on swing-out bracket with a concealed cable run to lower media cabinet.
We’ve been super, super busy in the workshop recently. Currently we are on Part 3 of a 3 Part buit-in furniture install at a luxury penthouse apartment. Below is a sneak peak of Parts 1 & 2 now almost complete, awaiting handles and carpeting.
Part 3 the final install will be a fabulous full height, four metre wardrobe run. Be sure to check back in a couple of weeks to see how we get on. (Here it is!)
We are delighted to be part of this deluxe property refurbishment by Julian Maurice Developments it’s going to look stunning when complete.
Part 1 – Built-in Office (Crown cut Sapele with a blue grey Matt Textured Melamine).