Fitted custom cabinetry with Oak linings, doors and top to compliment a traditional Victorian Terrace interior. Hand finished in wax-oil and an off-white paint.
• Ripple Sycamore cabinet with Ebony stringing & bespoke finger-pulls.
• Birds Eye Maple back panels (light grey dyed).
• Curved and Bevel edged exterior glass.
• ‘Yakisugi’ scorched and ebonised Oak legs and stretchers.
• Curved stretchers with silver leaf stringing.
• Interior lighting with concealed PIR switch.
• DIMENSIONS (mm) 1800(h) x 1400(w) x 550(d) mm
‘Yakisugi (焼杉) is a traditional Japanese method of wood preservation. Yaki means to heat with fire, and sugi is cypress. It is also referred to in the West as shō sugi ban (焼杉板), which uses the same kanji characters but a different pronunciation. Ban means “plank (wood)”.
By slightly charring the surface of the wood without combusting the whole piece, the wood becomes water-proof through the carbonisation and thus more durable. It also protects against insects.’ SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
‘Mid-Century Modern’ alcove cabinetry to match MCM desk.
Sapele wood, glass and custom blue. Sliding doors and Led lighting. Custom handles.
A MCM (Mid-Century Modern) inspired writing desk, with a vented cupboard to the right hand side for media devices.
Wide stave, solid wood Sapele desk and quarter sawn leg work, contrasted by durable light blue melamine cabinetry and custom handle work.
The Sapele wood is pre-finished with an extremely water-repellant, microporous, natural wax-oil followed by two coats of satin wax-oil top coat – safe for humans, plants and animals!
Dimensions: 170(L) x 65(W) x 74 (H) cm
Available to order in the online shop (custom finishes available).