Fitted custom cabinetry with Oak linings, doors and top to compliment a traditional Victorian Terrace interior. Hand finished in wax-oil and an off-white paint.
• Ripple Sycamore cabinet with Ebony stringing & bespoke finger-pulls.
• Birds Eye Maple back panels (light grey dyed).
• Curved and Bevel edged exterior glass.
• ‘Yakisugi’ scorched and ebonised Oak legs and stretchers.
• Curved stretchers with silver leaf stringing.
• Interior lighting with concealed PIR switch.
• DIMENSIONS (mm) 1800(h) x 1400(w) x 550(d) mm
‘Yakisugi (焼杉) is a traditional Japanese method of wood preservation. Yaki means to heat with fire, and sugi is cypress. It is also referred to in the West as shō sugi ban (焼杉板), which uses the same kanji characters but a different pronunciation. Ban means “plank (wood)”.
By slightly charring the surface of the wood without combusting the whole piece, the wood becomes water-proof through the carbonisation and thus more durable. It also protects against insects.’ SOURCE: WIKIPEDIA
A flush flowing, gloss white exterior shell opens up to reveal an exuberant, custom lit, orange interior and a variety of clothes storage options.
Careful design and the use of custom formed laminate curved panels and doors allow the project to flow along the space and dramatically reduce it’s visual impact on the living area. The flowing curves are accentuated by a parallel ribbon of natural Oak detailing so the design almost appears to be floating off the floor.
(‘Click’ thumbnails to view larger images)
• European Oak Tops with American Black Walnut Stringing and Breadboard Ends.
• Custom painted Ash aprons and legs with visible grain.
• Finger-pull drawers
Dimensions (mm) :-
Table 1700 (L) x 840 x 780 (H)
Bench 1500 (L) x 350 x 460 (H)
Custom sizes and finishes available to order in the shop